GNA Statement COVID-19
16 March 2020
Information release to Clubs and Association members re COVID-19 containment and compliance measures
We have been waiting on an updated directive from Netball NSW today but as at 4pm we have not received any updates. Gosford Netball Association will be postponing the first two weeks of 2020 Winter Competition. This is also based upon the rulings of the Federal and State Governments to ban all non-essential gatherings of over 500 people.
Given the significant concerns around the spread of COVID-19, we simply cannot allow such large gatherings of members and families as we see each Saturday during each time slot at netball. With 27 courts and approximately 10 members per team would have us seeing around 540 players, umpires, coaches & managers on the courts each time slot without including family members and the crossover of games as players come and go.
- This decision will be reviewed on 20 April 2020, with an announcement made by 5:00pm that day.
- If ONLY two weeks of play are missed, they will be made up at a later time during the season, at a time and day to be decided by Council, upon commencement of the Competition at the next 2020 Council meeting.
- The GNA Council meeting scheduled for this Wednesday night 18th March 2020 will be POSTPONED and RESCHEDULED to be held Wednesday 29 April 2020 at 7:00pm for 7.15pm start unless further advice is issued regarding the corona virus. This is the Wednesday prior to the first NEW SCHEDULED week of play which will be Saturday 2nd May 2020, unless there is further extension to the delayed start of the Competition.
- If a longer timeframe is needed to start our 2020 competition ensuring the health and safety of our members, as well as to comply with NNSW and Government directives, we may just play one full round for 8 team grades and 1 or 2 rounds for 6 team grades. In order to achieve this the earliest this would need to commence is 23 May 2020.
- The latest we could start the season without playing double up games or timetabling some games for Sundays is Week 8, 13 June 2020.
- These timings are very important if we are to continue to run the competition according to GNA Competition Policy.
- Representative teams will be receiving further information from GNA in a separate email once updated information comes to hand from NSW netball.
- If play is delayed by more than 2 rounds and additional rounds are unable to be played the GNA executive will investigate refunding a pro-rata portion of the GNA fees levy paid back to clubs for them to refund the members. GNA is not able to refund the NNSW portion of fees paid but will pass on all information from NNSW regarding this as it is received by us and will support Club’s applications to NNSW to have these fees refunded. Netball Australia has made a statement that members should not be disadvantaged financially from the COVID-19 virus. A decision on the reimbursement of fees will not be made until when the June executive meeting is held on Monday 1 June 2020 where the reimbursement of fees will be placed on the agenda for discussion.
- Finally, before contacting the GNA executive, please contact your club secretary. Follow your club’s Facebook page, the GNA website or GNA social media pages including Facebook and Instagram for any further updates. We will update Club Secretaries and Presidents as information comes to hand.
This decision has had to be made and we emphasise it’s in the interest of public safety after more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in NSW. We sincerely appreciate your support and understanding during this very challenging time.
Gosford Netball Association
(on behalf on the GNA executive)
Gosford Defence Academy 2020
2020 17years Representative Team announced
Congratulations on the following players who will represent Gosford Netball Association 17 years Representative Team at the 2020 Senior State Titles at Liverpool on the 6th, 7th and 8th June, 2020. Good luck girls.
Tahnee Ball, Holly Birchall, Jorgi Bradford, Eloise Cliff, Tayla Keating, Charlize Lloyd-Phillips, Charlee Proctor, Beth Stewart, Emma Sutton, Brooke Webber, Ellie Williams
2020 11 years Development Squad Final Phase Open until 17th March, 2020 at 5pm
Applications have re-opened for the final phase of the 2020 11 years Development Squad. Current squad members do not need to apply. This is an opportunity for all players turning 11 years of age in 2020. Please click on the link below to apply. Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 17th March, 2020 and you will need to be available for Selections on Thursday 19th March, 2020 at 5.30pm at Adcock Park.
Gosford Shooting Academy 2020
2020 11s Development Assistant Coach, 17s Manager and 17s Rep Players Wanted
Applications are Open for 2020 17s Rep Team are looking for Circle Attack players. Previous applicants eligible to apply. Please click on the link below. Applications close Thursday 13th February, 2020 at 5pm.
Applications are Open for 2020 11s Development Assisant Coach and 17s Manager. Please click on the link below. Applications close Thursday 13th February ,2020 at 5pm.
Looking for Players to join Clubs at Gosford Netball
Competition starts on Saturday 28th March, 2020. Registrations will close soon.
2020 15s Rep Team looking for players
Applications are open for a Circle Defence and Centre Court/Shooter for the 2020 15 years Rep Team. Please click on the link below to apply. Previous applicants are eligible to apply. Closes Thursday 13th February,2020 at 5pm.
2020 15 years Representative Team announced
Thank you to the players, umpires and Rep Selectors who were available for the 2020 15 years Representative Team selection process.
Congratulations to the following players.
Tamika Bailey, Carla Barnes, Taylah Clark, Ava Dawson, Jessica McGarvey, Kaydence Pene-Haste, Taleia Rawling, Paige Uzalec.
Coaches and Manager will be in contact with you in regard to your training and fitness schedule.
Good luck in the Senior State Titles Championships in June 2020.
2020 14 years Representative Team announced
Thank you to the players who attended the 2020 14 years Rep Team selections on Tuesday night and a huge thank you to the Rep Selectors and Umpires Karmen and Jess for umpiring at the last minute.
Congratulations to the following players
Zoe Blades, Shanae Borthwick, Tenaya Emery, Keely Fearnley, Ngaria Gemmell, Brooke Gillett, Molly Kidd, Ellie McCaughan, Allie Reid, Charlotte Rousell.
Your Coaches and Manager will be in contact with you soon in relation to your training schedule and fitness.