Gosford Netball Training Update
20 May, 2020
Dear GNA members,
Firstly, we would like to thank you for your patience in relation to the current COVID situation and the 2020 season.
The GNA Executive have a very lengthy discussion at our executive meeting last night in regards to the return to training at Adcock Park and how we can manage this based on the Netball Australia Risk Assessment guideline template.
After discussing the template In point form the Executive completed the Resumption of Community Netball Risk Assessment Guidance Template provide by Netball Australia. (The GNA findings will be provided to your Club Secretary by Saturday.)
We have asked that your club executive read through the risk assessment document thoroughly. At this stage as we are unable to hold a council meeting with all the club representatives so we have invited one club delegate to attend a zoom information session next Monday night.
The GNA steps now in place:
- Clubs to check with their teams if they would like to resume training.
- Clubs/Teams who wish to resume training will be required to abide by the Risk Assessment guidelines put in place.
- Everyone involved in the return to training must sign a copy of the risk assessment to acknowledge they have received it and understand what is required to return to training. Clubs will keep these on file until requested by the GNA Secretary.
- The lights will be on from Monday to Friday (at a cost to GNA). Training times will be 3.30pm to 8.30pm and Saturday times to be advised (no lights).
- Clubs will advise GNA if they would like to OPT IN to training and the number of teams that will be training by Friday 29th May 5pm.
- GNA will then allocate a number of courts and court numbers to clubs who will manage their own teams, training nights/day and times.
- A full register of players, coaches etc attending training MUST be kept with what time and court number they were on. This is mandatory in case there is a COVID outbreak.
- Courts need to be allocated by clubs keeping in mind the “10 people per Court Rule & only allowing max 1 hour training sessions at a time and 1 session each week”. NO ONE a can be on the sidelines. Therefore if a team has 10 players and 2 coaches clubs will need to be mindful they may require 2 courts. Based on social distancing required they may only want to allocate 30 minute training sessions.
- Clubs/Teams will need to provide their own sanitiser, wipes, first aid kits and ice packs as per Risk Assessment.
- The clubhouse will be closed, however the external toilet at the side of the clubhouse will be available to players that are training & GNA will provide sanitiser for the toilet.
We would like to point out it is not compulsory to attend training and we will make this very clear to clubs to filter that information to their coaches. There may be players for personal reasons unable to rejoin their team at this stage. Clubs may merge 2 or 3 teams together to make up the number of 10. Training will be non contact and include social distancing so coaches will need to be creative.
We propose a starting date for training would be pushed back until Monday 1st June, 2020 to allow clubs additional time to complete their own risk assessments and allocate training times to their teams one GNA provide the court numbers and amount of courts available.
We are unable to issue any information at this stage with regards to refunds or a competition start date until after our next Executive meeting Monday 1st June 2020 and only if at the meeting we have received any further updates from Netball NSW regarding the COVID restrictions. We understand some members are asking questions but this stage it is out of our control and to issue any information would not be accurate and we would be guessing.
Clubs have been asked if they have questions relating to the “return to training risk assessment” before our zoom information session can you please submit them by Sunday 24th May, 2020 6pm and will do our best to address all concern at the Zoom meeting on Monday night.
We thank you all for your patience and support during this challenging time.
Gosford Netball Association
Application for Central Coast Heart - Circle Defence Player
Central Coast Heart looking for Circle Defence player for Metro League.
Click here for the Application. Closes on 20th May, 2020.
GNA Statement Update 18 May 2020
To all members,
I am aware Friday NSW Public Health eased the Government restrictions on the (COVID-19 gathering and movement) 2020 order #2 to allow for gatherings of up to 10 people. This will enable netball training to re-commence, however still without body contact drills only. Importantly the restrictions applied to netball allows for a MAXIMUM of 10 on a court at any one time. This includes Players, Coaches, Parents, Spectators, Umpires etc. The 10 person per court limit CANNOT BE EXCEEDED at any time.
Finally, late Friday Netball NSW released comprehensive documents and infographics regarding the return to netball. This also included documents from Netball Australia with regards to the risk assessment involved for all Associations, Clubs, Members and Venue’s. NSW & Gosford Netball Association currently sit at Level B-Stage 1 on the Venue Guidelines issued by Netball Australia.
The Gosford Netball Association Executive have been in constant contact and will be holding a special Executive meeting this Wednesday night to discuss the framework “return to training” and what this will look like for our Gosford Netball Members. Training nights and our netball season will be quite different to what we have known in the past. Training is not permitted to resume until further notice however we are looking at Adcock Park being available for netball training from Monday 25th May 2020 and will confirm this after consultation with Central Coast Council and club executives. Training information with then be shared via your registered club.
We have not yet announced a start date for a 2020 competition unlike other sporting codes. As we hold all games at 1 venue and require permission to have gathering of 600 plus just to cover the players, coaches and umpires required during each time slot. This is without any parents or guests attending the games. We also have the added struggles of a new clubhouse being constructed and parking restrictions. We are working closely with Netball NSW and Central Coast Council are continuing to follow their guidelines and framework but also have the “2020 competition” on the agenda Wednesday night for discussion.
Thank you for your patience and I would sincerely like to thank you for your understanding. As always, our number 1 priority is the health and safety of all our GNA Members and their Families.
President, Gosford Netball Association
Status Update from Netball NSW
GNA Statement COVID-19
16 March 2020
Information release to Clubs and Association members re COVID-19 containment and compliance measures
We have been waiting on an updated directive from Netball NSW today but as at 4pm we have not received any updates. Gosford Netball Association will be postponing the first two weeks of 2020 Winter Competition. This is also based upon the rulings of the Federal and State Governments to ban all non-essential gatherings of over 500 people.
Given the significant concerns around the spread of COVID-19, we simply cannot allow such large gatherings of members and families as we see each Saturday during each time slot at netball. With 27 courts and approximately 10 members per team would have us seeing around 540 players, umpires, coaches & managers on the courts each time slot without including family members and the crossover of games as players come and go.
- This decision will be reviewed on 20 April 2020, with an announcement made by 5:00pm that day.
- If ONLY two weeks of play are missed, they will be made up at a later time during the season, at a time and day to be decided by Council, upon commencement of the Competition at the next 2020 Council meeting.
- The GNA Council meeting scheduled for this Wednesday night 18th March 2020 will be POSTPONED and RESCHEDULED to be held Wednesday 29 April 2020 at 7:00pm for 7.15pm start unless further advice is issued regarding the corona virus. This is the Wednesday prior to the first NEW SCHEDULED week of play which will be Saturday 2nd May 2020, unless there is further extension to the delayed start of the Competition.
- If a longer timeframe is needed to start our 2020 competition ensuring the health and safety of our members, as well as to comply with NNSW and Government directives, we may just play one full round for 8 team grades and 1 or 2 rounds for 6 team grades. In order to achieve this the earliest this would need to commence is 23 May 2020.
- The latest we could start the season without playing double up games or timetabling some games for Sundays is Week 8, 13 June 2020.
- These timings are very important if we are to continue to run the competition according to GNA Competition Policy.
- Representative teams will be receiving further information from GNA in a separate email once updated information comes to hand from NSW netball.
- If play is delayed by more than 2 rounds and additional rounds are unable to be played the GNA executive will investigate refunding a pro-rata portion of the GNA fees levy paid back to clubs for them to refund the members. GNA is not able to refund the NNSW portion of fees paid but will pass on all information from NNSW regarding this as it is received by us and will support Club’s applications to NNSW to have these fees refunded. Netball Australia has made a statement that members should not be disadvantaged financially from the COVID-19 virus. A decision on the reimbursement of fees will not be made until when the June executive meeting is held on Monday 1 June 2020 where the reimbursement of fees will be placed on the agenda for discussion.
- Finally, before contacting the GNA executive, please contact your club secretary. Follow your club’s Facebook page, the GNA website or GNA social media pages including Facebook and Instagram for any further updates. We will update Club Secretaries and Presidents as information comes to hand.
This decision has had to be made and we emphasise it’s in the interest of public safety after more cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in NSW. We sincerely appreciate your support and understanding during this very challenging time.
Gosford Netball Association
(on behalf on the GNA executive)
Gosford Defence Academy 2020
2020 17years Representative Team announced
Congratulations on the following players who will represent Gosford Netball Association 17 years Representative Team at the 2020 Senior State Titles at Liverpool on the 6th, 7th and 8th June, 2020. Good luck girls.
Tahnee Ball, Holly Birchall, Jorgi Bradford, Eloise Cliff, Tayla Keating, Charlize Lloyd-Phillips, Charlee Proctor, Beth Stewart, Emma Sutton, Brooke Webber, Ellie Williams
2020 11 years Development Squad Final Phase Open until 17th March, 2020 at 5pm
Applications have re-opened for the final phase of the 2020 11 years Development Squad. Current squad members do not need to apply. This is an opportunity for all players turning 11 years of age in 2020. Please click on the link below to apply. Applications will close at 5pm on Tuesday 17th March, 2020 and you will need to be available for Selections on Thursday 19th March, 2020 at 5.30pm at Adcock Park.
Gosford Shooting Academy 2020
2020 11s Development Assistant Coach, 17s Manager and 17s Rep Players Wanted
Applications are Open for 2020 17s Rep Team are looking for Circle Attack players. Previous applicants eligible to apply. Please click on the link below. Applications close Thursday 13th February, 2020 at 5pm.
Applications are Open for 2020 11s Development Assisant Coach and 17s Manager. Please click on the link below. Applications close Thursday 13th February ,2020 at 5pm.